A lot of web developers are now opting to use Django framework as it has become one of the most preferred web frameworks. There are a lot of web frameworks available in the market and in order to understand what makes Django popular, one needs to be familiar with the features that Django offers.
What Is Django?
Python has been listed as one of the top eight programming languages and is considered by a lot of web developers as the easiest language to code. It is the popularity of Python language that has further enhanced the use of Django.
Django is an open source web application framework that uses Python. Those who like to opt for a structured format of programming that is quick to code and easy to debug are likely to choose Python. Naturally, those who code in Python tend to incline towards Django.
Django makes use of the MVC architectural pattern and it thereby follows a structured layering of code implementation.
Features of Django
The core components that make Django a popular choice among web developers are as follows.
- It makes use of code reusability concept.
- It follows the CRUD (create, read, update, delete) interface and uses dynamic methods of implementation.
- It uses an objet relational mapper which helps in mapping the relation between data models and database.
- It supports middleware classes which comes in handy for implementing different custom functions.
- The internationalization system that Django offers allows coders to use the components in various different languages.
- It has a form serialization and validation system. Owing to this system, it becomes easy to translate the HTML forms into such values that can be easily stored in the database.
The Coding Format in Django
As Django makes use of MVC architecture, so the first step is setting up the database. Abstract representation, one of the key concepts of object oriented programming, is used and the databases are set up in the Model class.
Different features that are to be implemented in various classes are coded using Python and they are a part of Views class. There are various templates that are present and they can be used to design the user interface of the applications.
All the different aspects are finally made into a single unit with the help of URL Maps. The amalgamation of different units is extremely simple and is one of the striking aspects of Django framework.
Further, even those who do not have hard core knowledge of SQL and XML syntax can use Django as it offers supplemental code bases that will help you handle database queries easily.
Last but not the least; it is the rich inbuilt libraries of Django that makes it stand apart from other frameworks. It works on the principle of “don’t repeat yourself” as the code library provides so many functions that you will not have to use redundant code.
These are some of the key points that have led to Django becoming one of the most preferred frameworks.