Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Service Oriented Software Development.
This course provides a solid overview of applying Component Based Development/Design using UML. The context is a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) in which a Service Oriented Process (SOP) is applied.
General knowledge and understanding of software development (processes) is assumed. No prior knowledge of UML is assumed, but is a benefit.
Please find the course objectives below:
It is important to understand that this is not a Web Services course. This is more a Course on Service Orientation (SO) explaining the techniques involving:
- The SO Architecture
- The SO Software Development Process
- SO Technologies
Some of the key objectives are:
- Explain the Service Oriented domain (Architecture, Process, Technology and Organization)
- Explain the role of Component Based Development in an SOA
- Define Service Architecture Layers
- Define the process of service identification and specification
- Understand the importance of SOA policies and SOA governance
- Understand the relation between SOA and the Enterprise Architecture
- Define the Architecture and design of a system following a SOP using BPMN and UML
- Design the internals of a component (Service Realization)
- Various Service Oriented Technologies
- Technologies required to define the SOA (e.g. Web Services)