Introduction to Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
This course provides an in-depth introduction to Business Driven Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). This course covers the Principles of Service Orientation as well as the Concept behind it, the life-cycle of Service Orientation and the Service Oriented Development Software development processes.
Some knowledge of general software development is recommended.
Please find the course objectives below:
After this primer you will understand the business drivers for SOA and strategies for successfully deploying SOA. You will learn more about the benefits as well as the risks. This course stays sufficiently away from the very technical sides of SOA i.e. Web Services or XML.
Some of the topics covered during this course
- Explain Service Orientation and its Architecture
- Business benefits and goals of SOA
- IT benefits of SOA
- Definition of a Service
- Possible role of Web Services in the SOA
- Requirements of Software Development Process within the SOA
Understand the process of defining SOA
This is a great course to reach these goals:
Get introduced to SOA and understand it's potential
- See if SOA is something for your enterprise
- Understand the potential impact of rolling out SOA within your organization
- Understand the steps involved (get a high level SOA road map for your organization)