Sybase - Programming and Administration Management Schedules
Understanding of data-processing, basics of data programming.
Please find the course objectives below:
- Introduction to Database and New Features of Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE)
- Definition and need of client server architecture.
- Relational database -Entities, Attributes, Relationships along with its types
- Concept and need of Primary Key, Foreign Key.
- Default and Check Constraints
- Referential Integrity and Data Integrity
- Databases and its other objects (Introduction)
- How to create Databases and tables inside it. (Designing)
- How to insert, delete and update data in tables (DML Operation)
- The from and where clause along with order by, Group by
- Some Aggregate Functions and its usage in SQL statement.
Dealing with NULL and SPACES (Using LTRIM / RTRIM)
Select into and conditional select statements
- Exists & Not Exists Clause
- Identity Columns in Tables
- Truncate Command
- Modify Table Structure
- Concept of views, its use and restrictions
- How to insert or update data through views
- Introduction and Working with Sub-queries
- What are joins?
- Different types of Joins and its importance in Databases.
- Introduction of Indexes, how to create indexes and how to remove it. How are indexes different from actual data
- Concept of Rules and Defaults and also it works, its binding etc
Some Examples of Reserved words in Sybase
Some Examples of T-SQL functions
- Some common T-SQL commands
- declare local variables in sybase programs
- Global Variables in Sybase
- Datatypes in Sybase
- Control of flow language - if..else, case expression, begin..end, while, break, continue, etc
- goto, print, return, raiseerror, and comments in Sybase
- Batches, Rules associated with batches
- How stored procedures work?
- Some examples of System Procedures of Sybase
- Creating and executing stored procedures? Using parameter/parameters and with recompile option in stored procedures.
Returning information from stored procedures
System tables/databases in sybase
- Importance of Model, Master and other System Databases
- Understanding Transactions, Its modes, Transaction Log, Locks
- Introduction to Triggers? And its types? Types and life span of magic tables?
- Creating triggers? Different trigger actions?
Disabling and dropping triggers?
Alter database Syntax.
- Database options and its settings (like trunck log, db_option)
- DS-EDIT and BCP utilities in Sybase
- BCP / DEFNCOPY
- System Table details
- Login & User management
- Create Devices
- Expanding Device size
- Cache management
- Table on segment
- Log separation
- Backup & restore
- Point in time recovery (PITR)