This exciting and practical one-day introductory course has been designed to address the needs of people keen to use Docker. The course concentrates on giving both newcomers - and those who want to brush-up their Docker knowledge - a hands-on introduction to Docker and its ecosystem. Participants will spend the day discovering the benefits that it offers both sysadmins and developers who will also learn to set up, manage and use Docker.
Ideally those booking this course will be developers with an interest in furthering their skills using Docker.
Throughout the day the course will cover the following:
- Introduction to Docker
- Discuss benefits of using Docker
- Introduce Docker's architecture
- Understand Docker images and containers
- Discuss application architecture and docker containers (microservices architecture, databases, etc)
- Creating docker images
- Using public (e.g, Docker Hub) and private repositories
- Understand Docker networking
- Understand Docker volumes
- Linking containers together using links
- Understand image layering
- Docker and Security
This exciting one-day course is a great look at Docker that will appeal to developers of varying skill levels. It is suitable for both newcomers and those who those who want to cover the elements again.